MEDIABALAP.com – The No.7 Toyota GR010 Hybrid Hypercar was fastest in the final free practice session for round five of the 2021 FIA World Endurance Championship – the BAPCO 6 Hours of Bahrain which gets underway at 11am tomorrow.
Porsche head LMGTE Pro, while No.28 JOTA takes top position in LMP2 for second consecutive session. Dempsey-Proton on top in LMGTE Am as air temperatures sizzle at 34.3 degrees celsius!
Below are the main headlines from FP3.
- No.7 Toyota Gazoo Racing continues to lead the times in Bahrain in final 60-mins of free practice as Kamui Kobayashi again sets the pace
- Recent Le Mans winner guides Toyota GR010 HYBRID Hypercar around BIC to set best lap of 1m48.978s
- Kobayashi out-paces No.8 sister Toyota HYBRID emerges fastest from second 90-minute free practice session for BAPCO 6 Hours of Bahrain
- No.8 Toyota completes session after receiving repairs after FP2 accident. Sebastien Buemi receives reprimand and four licence points deduction after incident with No.85 Iron Lynx Ferrari
- Brendon Hartley sets second fastest lap on 1m49.689s
- Alpine ELF Matmut Hypercar of Nicolas Lapierre, Matthieu Vaxiviere and Andre Negrao places third 1.1s from outright pace with Negrao peaking on a 1m50.166s best
- No.92 Porsche GT Team entry quickest in LMGTE Pro as Neel Jani posts a 1m58.230s lap in his 911 RSR-19 which he shares with Kevin Estre
- AF Corse Ferrari closer to Porsche as No.51 Ferrari 488 GTE Evo heads No.52 AF Corse run car in third
- Alessandro Pier Guidi sets No.51 best with 1m58.399s best, while Miguel Molina peaks on 1m58.659s in No.52 car
- Porsche 1-4 as No.91, driven by Gimmi Bruni, laps with a 1m58.870s best
- Tom Blomqvist claims the best time in LMP2 class for JOTA for second successive session
- He laps early on with a best session time of 1m50.696s to go 0.652s quicker than United Autosports USA entry
- A 1m51.351s lap from Filipe Albuquerque means that reigning champions continue to lead the chase of No.28
- JOTA take 1st and 3rd best time as No.38 Oreca-Gibson of Anthony Davidson, Roberto Gonzalez and Antonio Felix da Costa places third but 0.999s off sister car
- No.77 Dempsey Proton Porsche heads LMGTE Am as Jaxon Evans sets 1m59.502s best lap
- Iron Lynx second and third in class as No.85 heads No.60 Ferrari 488 GTE Evo
- Sarah Bovy and Rino Mastronardi respectively set the times for Italian team
Qualifying will get underway at 16h30.